School Board President
Our school district is on a mission. We are destined to improve academically, organizationally, and fiscally. I am committed and determined to work with all of our stakeholders to make certain that significant improvement is realized. We are moving into a new chapter of our district’s history with a singular, clear-cut focus on teaching and learning. Every stakeholder in our district must be committed to excellence and serious about meeting the needs of all students. Focusing on teaching and learning affords a tremendous opportunity to greater school attainment, dramatically and swiftly reducing the achievement gap, and enhancing the “life chances” of all children, regardless of their social or economic circumstances. With true quality instruction, we can create a Jefferson Township Local School District that is better than anything that we have ever seen or imagined.
For the sake of every 21st century learner in the Jefferson Township Local School District, five major reforms are taking place in our schools:
1. We are raising expectations for all students by setting clear and high goals for what all students should know and be able to do.
2. We are creating a learning environment that is clean, safe, and conducive for teaching and learning.
3. We are creating a climate where bell-to-bell, standards based instruction is practiced everyday.
4. We are building greater capacity in our schools by providing leadership and resources to sustain support for academic improvement.
5. We are improving our results by measuring progress and holding educators and students responsible for higher academic achievement.
The entire Jefferson Township Educational community is working hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our students. It won’t happen overnight. I ask our entire Jefferson Township educational community to support our schools and join in the work of making a positive impact on the lives of our children.
The best is yet to come!